Terms and Conditions
Scottish Pole Dancing Competition 2011 - Guidelines and Rules
The event will be held in Aberdeen at - Number 7, 7 Crown Street, Aberdeen, AB11 6HA.
Entrance fee for competitors is set at £50.
The fee will include refreshments during the competition and entrance as a spectator to any of heats you are not included in even, if you are knocked out at elimination. The entrance fee should be paid by the same closing date for applications which is 18th July 2011. Where the application fee remains outstanding at that stage the competitor will be removed from the competition.
Eliminations – 26th August - time yet to be determined depending on the number of applications. The top 20 performers from each category will be put through to the final Heats.
Heat 1 – 27th August starting at 4pm for the professional dancers.
Heat 2 – 28th August starting at 4pm for the polersizers.
The dimensions of our stage are 7ft x 16ft approximately with 2 poles, one at the rear of the stage which is revolving and the one at the front which is a static pole, both are equally spaced on the stage with 6ft between them. You are encouraged to use the entire stage for your performance.
- Elimination performances must be no longer than 5 minutes
- Final heat performances must be no longer than 9 minutes
- All performers must provide their own CD with their music for their elimination round and final round clearly labelled with their name and allocated competitor number on the CD as well as the case/sleeve of the CD. All CD's must be within our possession 10 days prior to the event.
- Performers will be judged on the following categories each with marks, out of 20 by a panel of 4 judges.
- Stage presence
- Overall performance
- All applicants must be over 18 and be a resident of Scotland or work full time in a Scottish pole dancing venue.
- No nudity please. Dress code – although thongs are allowed they must be big enough not to not expose your undercarriage and breasts must be firmly covered up so no accidental flashing happens.
- Only Gorilla grip is allowed to be used on the clubs poles to increase friction. No Wax is allowed to be used under any circumstances. Please do not use oils or heavy creams that may leave a residue behind on the poles on your skin before your performance, this is to ensure that the poles remain safe for everyone in the competition.
- All performers are to arrive in good time of their allocated performance time. If any performer is late and misses their time they will forfeit their place in the competition
- No alcohol is to be consumed until after your performance.
- Number 7 cannot be held responsible for any accident you have during your performance, and by completing your application form you agree to take responsibility for your own actions whilst performing on number 7s stage. Be safe and don't take risks during your performance, do not attempt anything beyond you ability.
- The Judges decision is final and we expect good sportsmanship from all competitors.
Tickets for the event will be available from the 1st July, we can hold them for you at the venue ticket box or send them in the post. Tickets can be purchased from www.number7club.co.uk
£20 Eliminators only £20 Heat 1 £20 Heat 2 £35 Eliminator plus one heat £35 Both Heats £50 Entire event
We wish you all the best of luck and are very excited to be holding such a fantastic event.
Regards Number7 in association with Divinity Entertainment, 1st for planning events.